COOKON PRODUCT CARE
All our products have slightly different care requirements, but any piece of equipment will last longer if is properly maintained and kept clean. So it’s important to embed these practices in your business, and budget for them when it comes to staff time (cleaning) and regular servicing. One of the conditions of our 3-year warranty is that you can demonstrate reasonable care of your product, which includes regular servicing by a licensed gas fitter.
You can find full instructions for product care in your Product Manual. If you don’t have a manual, just go to our Contact Page, select “Request manual” from the drop-down menu under “Nature of Enquiry” and we will send you one.
GENERAL CARE INFORMATION FOR ALL PRODUCTS:
Your appliance must be kept reasonably clean during the working day and thoroughly cleaned at the end of each day. Generally, the only cleaning required on the stainless steel surfaces should be wiping with a cloth and mild dishwashing liquid, as follows:
- Allow the appliance to cool down to ambient temperature by natural means.
- Gently sponge the area to be cleaned, with a cloth and cleaning solution containing warm water and a mild dishwashing liquid. Wipe dry with an absorbent soft dry cloth.
- More persistent stains may require more soaking (hold a warm damp cloth against the area ) or vigorous rubbing with a nylon scourer.
- Grill plates and other removable hard-working pieces can go into an Oz Tank overnight and will come out shiny and clean.
- Harsh abrasive cleaners or compound powder cleaners, steel wool or wax polishers should not be used anywhere on your appliances.
- Spray pressured water onto the appliance or cooking grates. If water gets into your gas nozzles this can cause major problems, with ANY gas appliance.
- Apply or splash with water to cool down the appliance.
NOTE: DOING THESE THINGS IS LIKELY TO CAUSE PERMANENT DAMAGE TO APPLIANCE COMPONENTS AND WILL VOID YOUR WARRANTY.
Remember, all care instructions are in your Product Manual. If you don’t have a manual, just go to our Contact Page, select “Request manual” from the drop-down menu under “Nature of Enquiry” and we will send you one.